- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
The Melscheimer One-Room Schoolhouse Alumni Group met recently at the schoolhouse site to celebrate the 25th consecutive meeting of the former attendees at the school. The historical 187 year old schoolhouse has been restored as an interdenominational chapel. It is located at 1077 Melscheimer St., S.W., adjacent to the historical Melscheimer Cemetery. Attendees included (front row, left to right) Emilie Morris Bailey, Bernice Walker Heavlin, Irene Gubanish Panter, Ellen Hockensmith Bailey, and Sheryl Eversole Morris; (second row, from left) Nancy Babik Snyder, Nancy Gubanish Houle, Carolyn Franklin Littlefield, and Judy Malavite Carrick; (third row, from left) Paul Sigmund, Virgil Morris, Mehl Young, Chester Brumbaugh, Larry Walker and Ronald Edwards.